Wednesday, January 18, 2006

A statement of purpose

Politics
Education
Philosophy

Here I hope to begin a series of writings that lend themselves to two purposes. The first is personal: to provide coherence and some sense of application to the myriad information overloads and mental-political assaults that are sometimes experienced in college. In an already too confessional world, this is not an attempt to merely 'express myself' or to neccesarily initate some political change, but to project my inner thoughts onto an imagined audience and in doing so, subject those thoughts to scrutiny both of my own creation and of the world at large.

The second is interpersonal: to help produce an environment between myself and other readers that allows for a (re)understanding of politics through writing. Hopefully, there can be a process of 'conciousness raising' both for myself and the other writers that contribute here. My hope is that an outlet or focus to argument can focus and heighten my own reading of politics, and the reading of politics for other people.


However, end of the day- politics is fucking fun. Lets rumble.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home