Saturday, March 31, 2007

Poems I have written in the last day

Untitled

banal bodies

we have

severed ourselves

castrated, circumcised

mutilated mysteries

we come to grace

in un/dis-covering

flesh from foreground

Office

green lights

lavender skies

blood red brick

impulses of eyes

this is the

dream

dust

demon

machine

REVOLUTION

Resist

facile rhymes

with fist

I like poetry as a form of expression, particularly political, because it involves the reader explicitly. Because it doesn’t ascribe to pretensions of transparency clarity or explicitness, the writer writes with an eye to self, but the openness of meaning and interpretation. It uses particular markers to divulge itself as potentially anything (line breaks in particular, rhyme schemes which assemble meaning in new ways). Poetry breaks grammatical boundaries but also involves itself in interpretation. I feel that the category itself spans and slips so much, that the only way I feel comfortable defining it is through interpretation, and almost, the medium in which it is received. I also don’t think I like spoken poetry. I feel the greatest potential that comes from poems comes from written word, to view the assembly, and the intertextual features, the visible ‘frame’ of the poem as a text with multiple features, outlined by placement breaks or punctuation

Duncan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home