Wednesday, January 25, 2006

A Plebian Take

Let me begin by saying that my presence on this blog will enjoy a slightly different tone. I do not pretend to understand as much about philosophy or political rhetoric as my friend over there, but, as I will soon show, my observations are to be no less astute. O Loyal Reader, prepare to be taken on a path down the political misadventures of those around me at school, the vast machine of the political hegemony, and of course, myself.

Unless it happens to be an extraordinarily catchy slogan, nothing frustrates me more than the blithe personal political expression hereafter known as bumper sticker politics. There are two different types of adherants to this concept that will be discussed here today. Why this may be will be the matter of later posts.

Be warned, this may just be my own youthful disenfranchisement speaking.

A. The True Believer.

I buy the party line. I don't dig any deeper because any news source past the New York Times is disreputable. Al Franken represents the far left of the spectrum, O'Reilly, the far right. Fascism is something we destroyed with Hitler. White Power means the KKK. Feminism may just be something about a bicycle, but I'm sure glad we have it. SUVs piss me off, I mean they really piss me off. I'm a democrat for life, but I'd vote for Nixon again.


B. The Free Thinker

Nothing is real. Can you trust your perceptions? I may sound crazy but you may not get it. Nothing is everything is nothing. We are all connected so maybe we are just one big organism. I've just been thinking.


Bonus EXTRA!!

C. The Cynical Radical College Student

Yeah, I spend a lot of time volunteering. I'm torn though whether to brag about how much I do it or how easy it is to just sit there and talk to people. Fuck my parents' politics. Fair Trade. Labor. Feminism. Evergreen, Evergreen, Evergreen, Evergreen. Fuck.

1 Comments:

Blogger Duncan said...

My youthful disenfranchisement dictates to my muse. I'm just pissed off my parents watch too much TV.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home